Info about Bill Bostock Benefit
So you’ve just arrived in your rocket ship from outer space and it has plonked you in West Hobart.
It certainly looks a reasonable place to set up camp; but what’s here and how do you find things? You must have a host of unanswered questions.
- Where do I get food and what’s available?
- Where should I live?
- Which night is rubbish collected?
- Is there a school nearby?
- Are there any baby-sitters?
- How often do buses run?
- What community organisations exist?
- Where is there a doctor?
- What is that building?
- What used to be here?
- Where are the parks?
- Who else is interested in basket weaving?
- Where do I get petrol?
- Are there any good restaurants?
And so the list could go on.
This web site is being set up to allow information about West Hobart to be shared.
There is so much history about West Hobart but where does one go to access it easily?
There are so many stories about residents past and present which deserve to be recorded for posterity. Unless a start is made soon, it may well be too late and the opportunity may disappear.
If you have an idea for recording our history, some expertise to offer or a suggestion to make the whole ordeal simpler we’d really appreciate your contribution.
Topics might include
- The old K&D Brick Works at the top of Arthur St
- Rory Jack’s escapades – old paper clippings and links to more information
- Various parks in the suburb
- Special interest Groups in West Hobart eg WHEN, NHW, Scouts, craft etc.
- Successful Businesses
Just drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or send me a message in the “reply” box below.