Quarry and Lochner Street
Signage adjacent to the park states . . .
In 1814 this was the site of a large limestone quarry.
By the end of the nineteenth century, it was known as ‘Baker’s Pond’ and became a dumping ground.
In May 1954 the park was established and named to honour John Daniel Doggett, who lived nearby and believed thst municipal playgrounds were essential for the physical and mental well-being of the young.”
From The Star Newspaper
The Mercury – January 16th 2016
The Mercury – January 17th 2016