A list of hyper-links to photos relating to West Hobart.
West Hobart – view from Knocklofty (William Pigenuit’s white house in lower foreground)
West Hobart, view from the corner of Hill Street and Lansdowne Crescent
Things to look for
- 5 digit phone numbers on store veranda
- Almost no houses above Knocklofty Terrace
- Alarm to call fire brigade on pole
- Pre-decimal prices in shop windows
- People’s clothing
- Coke truck delivering bottles
- Overhead wires for trolley buses
- Concrete posts outside shop to protect veranda from trucks ‘cutting the corner’.
Click on “View options: High Quality JPEG” to view Hi-Res version then Zoom In.